Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Okay, not quite live blogging now because I had to reset the internet, so I had to pause the Tivo, but I think we've caught up. Or, at least I'll be caught up by the next commercial break.

And, Dustin Hoffman comes out to introduce Little Miss Sunshine, but before he starts the introduction, he informs Warrent Beatty that Ishtar was only onscreen for 0.5 seconds (true), but there will be an Ishtar II (though I think... hope! that was a joke).

And, I loved Little Miss Sunshine! Such a great film.

And, Spielberg comes out to introduce Best Director. I don't think he should be allowed to present a film that he produced. Or, two films he produced (both by Clint Eastwood). And, Marty Scorcese wins for The Departed. I think I've stated earlier that I"m going to add it to my list of films that I need to see, so yeah, I'll do that. And, that's kind of cool to see Spielberg give Scorcese the award. They're both great filmmakers, but they do such different types of films.

And, a shout out to Night of the Hunter, my favorite film, ever!! 1955 Charles Laughton film. If you haven't seen it, check it out. You won't be sorry.

And, I love that he's going to try to speak more quicker than normal. And, honestly, I can't tell. Oh, you don't rush Scorcese. It's just not polite.

Reese Witherspoon is introducing Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical. Sasha Baron Cohen or Will Ferrell? I just don't know who to root for.

And, Sasha Baron Cohen wins. Good for him. I think this is the first time I've ever seen him as himself. Wow... And, speaking with his real British accent. A little less posh than Hugh Laurie, but still damn nice. And, he's funny in real life, too. That's good to know. Of course, a two minute ode to his co-star's anus and testicles is possibly 100 seconds too long, but it's a different type of speech than one normally hears. And, he ends his speech by thanking every American who has not sued him. A noble bit of grace there, Master Cohen. A noble bit of grace.

No comments: