Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jennifer Lopez is introducing...

Dreamgirls' Best Original Songs... (3 of them)

Jennifer Hudson leads it off with Love You I Do... she is good. She's got a full voice, though I think if she keeps bending over, she's gonna fall out of that dress...

And then Beyonce joins in... And then starts in on Listen. Which, in an interesting factoid she co-wrote, but was deemed not to have contributed enough, to qualify for an Academy Award. Jennifer Hudson joins in on this one. And then Beyonce finishes off alone.

Patience is sung by Anika Noni Rose and Keith Robinson.

John Travolta and Queen Latifah come out to give out the Oscar for Best Original Song...

And the Oscar goes to Melissa Etheridge. Yay for that one... I do think that Dreamgirls lost because they split the vote, but her song ("I Need to Wake Up") is great! And I like her speech. And I like that she kissed her wife and called her that when she thanked her from the podium. And she's right, we can become the generation that woke up and we can change!

No comments: