Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ellen's opening bit...

Oh... Errol Morris directed the opening bit. I like him.

Isn't it a bit odd that Ellen wanted to host the Academy Awards, rather than win one? Just me? Okay. Ahhh... she mentions that. I feel better.

And, Mexico gets its due. Some folks in the Border Patrol won't appreciate that.

Wow... Ellen does look really happy to be hosting. She's practically gleeful.

Four laugh out loud moments already. I'm liking this. Mostly the British stuff. And the slightly self-deprecating moments.

Again, they say a billion people are watching. I don't know if I believe that.

Keep your speeches short. I wonder if they're going to mention the website acceptance speeches. This is the deal with that. If you want to make a long acceptance speech, then you're allowed to, but you have to do it off the main stage, behind the scenes to a web producer.

A shout out to Abigail Breslin who looks surprised and gosh adorable.

Peter O'Toole was nominated eight times without a win.

Jennifer Hudson - American Idol... America didn't vote for her and she's here with an Academy Award nominatioin.

Al Gore - America did vote for him and then... Gosh, I hope he wins.

If there weren't blacks, Jews and gays there would be no Oscars. So true.

Gospel singers and tambourines. Didn't get that...

No comments: