Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cast of Chicago

comes out to introduce Best Original Score...

Because Neil Meron and Craig Zadan need to remind people that Chicago exists?

Music (Original Score)
– “Anna Karenina,” Dario Marianelli
– “Argo,” Alexandre Desplat
– “Life of Pi,” Mychael Danna - I know nothing about music, so I am not at all qualified to give an opinion, but I have vague recollections of liking the music.
– “Lincoln,” John Williams

And, I called this one. Go me.

And, Best Original Song...

Music (Original Song)
– “Before My Time” from “Chasing Ice,” Music and Lyric by J. Ralph
– “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” from “Ted,” Music by Walter Murphy; Lyric by Seth MacFarlane
– “Pi’s Lullaby” from “Life of Pi,” Music by Mychael Danna; Lyric by Bombay Jayashri
– “Skyfall” from “Skyfall,” Music and Lyric by Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth - Again, I know nothing about music, but I quite liked this song whenever I heard Adele sing it.

And, Adele gets her Oscar. I like the song, so kudos.  I mean, even if I didn't like the song, she and the writers still would have deserved kudos, cause of the win and all.

Also, I like Adele's acceptance speeches. 

No comments: