So, Seth McFarlane introduced Jack Nicholson to introduce Michelle Obama? I love them both, but did both really need to do this? And then she tosses it back to him to repeat the names? Really?
– “Amour,”- Loved this movie, but it wrecked me. Seriously, wrecked me.
It's one of those movies that I'm glad I saw, but will never sit
– “Argo," - My favorite movie of the nine. Had my interest from the opening to the closing credits.
– “Beasts of the Southern Wild"- The girl was great. The imagery was
interesting, but maybe because I saw it as the first of 5 movies,
starting at 10am., I was just in the wrong head-space because it was
just good. The girl, however, was fantastic.
– “Django Unchained" - Not a huge Tarantino fan, but I quite enjoyed
this one. He does have a way with dialogue, certain words not
withstanding. Plus, the cast was fabulous, some credit does go to the
director. Special shout-out to Christoph Waltz who was just phenomenal.
– “Les Miserables,”- I was looking forward to this movie for nearly 20
years since I first heard about the Les Mis movie rumors. Seriously,
there is an ad in the Playbill I got when I saw the show when I was 16
touting the upcoming movie. I saw this film twice. Loved it the first
time, but it lost some luster the second. However, Russell Crowe
improved somewhat the second time around.
– “Life of Pi,”- Visually great, and enjoyable, but that's all.
– “Lincoln,”- Gotta say, I was somewhat disappointed. Daniel Day-Lewis
was amazing, but I was left somewhat wanting by the film. Also, I'm
still mad on Connecticut's behalf.
– “Silver Linings Playbook,” - Loved this movie. Would not be upset if
this won. I put Argo a few ahead, because it took me a bit to fall into
the movie, but once I did, I was gone. Jennifer Lawrence was ridiculous.
– “Zero Dark Thirty” - Enjoyed this more than the rest of the folks in my group, because it was just an exciting ride.
And the Oscar goes to...
I liked that the first producer thanked Ben Affleck as the director, acknowledging the snub. But Affleck still got an Oscar, so I can't feel too bad And, I liked Ben's speech.