Sunday, February 24, 2013

After being told that she needs no introduction,

Meryl Streep comes out to introduce Best Actor category. I kind of wish that she had said, I am Meryl Streep.

Actor in a Leading Role
– Bradley Cooper, “Silver Linings Playbook”
– Daniel Day-Lewis, “Lincoln” - He was Lincoln.
– Hugh Jackman, “Les Miserables”
– Joaquin Phoenix, “The Master”
– Denzel Washington, “Flight”

Love Hugh Jackman...  He should sing... always.

While Lincoln was not my favorite of the Best Picture nominees, Daniel Day-Lewis absolutely owned the role. Also, I don't know that I knew he was funny, but he's got that very dry English wit down.  Suggested that Meryl Streep was the first choice to play Lincoln, while he was going to play Margaret Thatcher. And that Lincoln was going to be a musical.  Love him!

No comments: