Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Matthew Perry (watch Go On only on NBC!)

And Matthew Perry is announcing who already won for Guest Actor and Actress in a Comedy.  Which were already announced on Saturday.  But, he likes attention so that's good.  Yeah, that was off...

And the winners were Kathy Bates and Jimmy Fallon (and Mattew Perry had to wait for their applause, which was nice).

And now Kathy Bates and Jimmy Fallon are announcing the winners for Best Comedy Direction.

Okay that was cute... The directors explain what makes a good director.  Apparently, being Jewish helps (Louis CK, notwithstanding).

And the winner is... Steve Levitan (Modern Family). 

Okay, if you've already won four times, a win can't be shocking.  Though, I guess since this is his first directing win, that makes a bit more sense.

Somewhat funny egoist acceptance speech.  Getting titters if not out loud laughter.
But, he ends with some nice self-deprecating humor.

And the Modern Family cast talks about how nice everyone is, except the actress who plays Lilly.  Okay, that's really funny. 

And, Mindy Kaling and Melissa McCarthy are presenting...

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Louis C.K., Louie 
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
It's time for Louis C.K. to take home the Emmy. 

Wow, the actresses really wanted to get through that quickly.  I wonder if McCarthy is getting sick of doing the same thing in every awards show. And, Larry David apparently isn't there tonight.

And the winner is Jon Cryer?  I totally give up.  I don't see it, but neither does Cryer, apparently.  I actually think he's legitimately surprised. I wonder if this is a response to the whole Charlie Sheen thing.  Did he thank Ashton Kutcher? I know he thanked Chuck Lorre, but I didn't hear him thank his cast.  Though, I guess he didn't have a speech because he didn't think he'd win.  Which, I didn't think he'd win either, so I get it.

No comments: