Sunday, February 26, 2012

Best Supporting Actress...

So weird hearing Christian Bale speak with his native accent. The only movies I've seen him use it in were when he was a kid (Henry V and Empire of the Sun).

Jessica Chastain's reaction with her mom was adorable.

And the winner is... Octavia Spencer. Wow!

I said that Melissa McCarthy would win, but wouldn't be sad if Octavia Spencer did. And, I'm not sad. But, I am 1-6.

Do they always give standing ovations when people win? I can't recall seeing that for the acting categories.

Allison Janney gets a shout out. And so does Spielberg. What did she do with Steven Spielberg?

45 minutes in, I feel like this is a very low-energy Oscars. It feels very meh. As my friend Kathy pointed out, it did start out with several awards that the general audience doesn't really care about.

2 comments:

Sharon Aiuvalasit said...

Speilberg produced the help.

harx1 said...

Ahhh! Thanks! That was really bothering me.