Sunday, February 26, 2012

Best Lead Actress...

And, Colin Firth introduces all of the nominees individually, again. There is just something informal about the way these start with the speaking directly to the nominee, using just the first name. It's so insular. Bah. That said, I will listen to Colin Firth say just about anything, so I'm more okay with this segment than with Natalie Portman's.
He also clearly liked working with Meryl Streep and Michelle Williams (but more Meryl).

And the Oscar goes to Meryl Streep. I'm surprised, I really thought it was going to Viola Davis. And, I do love Meryl Streep, but Viola was just great. And, Viola was the first to stand, and went over to give her a hug. I love that. I do.

And, she starts with the shout out to her husband, so it wouldn't be missed by the music. That's adorable. And, she thanks her hair/makeup guy who won earlier that night. And, now she talks about how great it is working with her friends, old and new, here and departed. That was a great speech and sounded a bit like a retirement speech. Which, I hope she's not.

2 comments:

Kate said...

When did Coliln Firth work with Michelle Williams???

harx1 said...

A Thousand Acres in 1997, so she was 17, not 12. Maybe she was playing 12? It's been a long time since I saw. I was going through a Colin Firth phase, and I don't remember Michelle Williams in it, at all.