Sunday, June 12, 2011

Catherine Zeta Jones introduce

In a play...

Brian Bedford - Importance of Being Earnest
Bobby Canavale - Mother$@()@ with a Hat
Joe Matello - Normal Heart
Al Pacino - Mercant of Venis
Mark Rylance - Jerusalem

This was always a fight between Mark Rylance and Joe Mantello. And the winner is Mark Rylance. He previously won in 2008 for Boeing, Boeing, a show I saw, but he was out that day. He is considered one of the great actors of his generation, and one I am determined to see one day. Hopefully, in Jerusalem. Loved his speech, even if I didn't quite get it.

In a musical...
Norbert Leo Butz - Catch Me If You Can
Josh Gad - Book of Mormon
Joshua Henry - Scottsboro Boys
Andrew Rannells - Book of Mormon
Tony Sheldon - Priscilla Queen of the Desert

So, the scuttlebutt on the street is that the two Book of Mormon actors split the vote. I've Norbert in a few things and he's great. I did not realize that Terrence McNally wrote the book. Huh... I like him.

No comments: