Sunday, October 09, 2005

Welcome to Exploring the Vast Wasteland. The genesis of this blog goes way back to September of 1996. I was the sports editor of the Justice (the independent student newspaper of Brandeis University), and I made a deal with Justin Kattan, the arts editor. He wanted to write a sports column for the paper, and I told him he could, IF he would let me create a television column. He agreed, and Exploring the Vast Wasteland was born. It ran as a weekly column until May. When I graduated, I tried to keep it going, but you know how it is when you're trying to start your life, things slide. And so it was with Exploring the Vast Wasteland. But, now in the new blog format, IT'S BACK! I'm changing it slightly, in that rather than being a blog that is all about television, it's going to revolve around what's on my Tivo. But, because it's my blog, it's not going to be strictly about television. When the mood takes me, I am giving myself carte blanche to talk about all of pop culture, including sports. And politics. Which, isn't really pop culture, but it's my blog, and my rules. Oh, I'm also going to start putting up random pictures I like. Why? Cause, I can.
So, the picture to the left is from a trip to visit my dad and his friends out in Vegas. My last afternoon there, we went on a short hike to the Red Rock Mountains. After the hike, I had one picture remaining on my digital camera. I thought it would be neat to take a picture of the mountains behind us through the rear view mirror. What I didn't count on was the pretty fortuitous framing that had the mirrored image in complete focus and everything else slightly blurry.

No comments: